Subject: Re: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Asbjørn (lordcrc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-23 18:07:55

On 23.04.2015 22:28, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Is this problem unique to Boost? Does any other library encode 32 vs 64 bit
> variant in library name?

FWIW:

The OSS project I'm involved with depends directly on Boost, Python, Qt,
OpenEXR, FFTW and Embree. On Windows we don't use any 32/64 bit variations of
the filenames of any of our libraries.

Instead we keep two separate directory trees for 32bit and 64bit dependencies,
everything from source to lib/dll files.

Wastes a bit of disk space but is very easy to manage, especially if you need to
apply some tweak when building 64bit but not 32bit or similar.

Of course, we might be weird :)

- Asbjørn