Subject: [boost] [boost_document_library] [GSoC'15] How to Start? Any standards to follow?
From: Abhinav Tripathi (ee130002001_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-24 16:28:49

Hello,
I have finally set up my development environment on Ubuntu 14.10 x64...
I am now able to compile any program consisting of Both OpenOffice and
Boost code. I have made succesfully small examples with multiple files with
both boost and OpenOffice sdk code and compiled them.
.
I am now ready to start writing code for the document library.
What i could think of till now is :
1. Make the project on github and keep it synced
2. Separate classes in different headers with proper namespaces
.
What i am looking for :
1. Any suggestions on how to start!
(More specifically)
2. Are there and standards that need to be followed for developing any
library for boost (like using or not using some syntaxes &/or libraires)
3. Any suggestions as to what practices i should use, like which
syntaxes/libraries to prefer.
.
Also, i see that all the boost libraries are independent (i.e., only
dependence is within boost itself) [as far as i know].
While what i will be writing will depend on OpenOffice sdk. So, what are
its chances to be accepted as an "actual boost library"?
.
Regards,
Abhinav