Subject: Re: [boost] Description of pre-requisites for building Boost 1.58.0?
From: Ben Pope (benpope81_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-24 22:17:55

On Friday, April 24, 2015 03:39 PM, Marko Asplund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While trying to build Boost on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS I noticed that the build
> failed because some library dependencies were missing on my system. I was
> unable to find documentation about library dependencies and other
> pre-requisites for building Boost.
> Are these documented somewhere?
>
> Some build related info can be found here, but I couldn't find info about
> required libraries:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
>
> I was able to build Boost after installing libpython-dev, libbz2-dev
> packages. This was with default Boost configuration, so other libraries may
> be required for custom configurations.

This doesn't really answer the question, but as a practical note, you
can do:
sudo apt-get build-dep libboost*

Which will install the build dependencies for the version of Boost in
your repository, rather than the version you're trying to build, but it
should get you where you want to be most of the time.

Ben