Subject: Re: [boost] [githelp] Moving from push to pull requests
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-29 22:13:49

On 4/29/2015 8:13 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 4/30/15 6:32 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 4/29/2015 5:42 PM, Fletcher, John P wrote:
>>> I have been working for some time on boost phoenix using
>>>
>>> git push origin develop
>>>
>>> to push my changes. I have now been asked to change to use pull
>>> requests and I am not
>>> clear about how to get into the new setup.
>>
>> If you are an administrator for a library there is no need to create
>> pull requests for
>> changes to that library, unless you want to see if anybody else wants
>> to make comments
>> about your changes.
>
> Edward, I am still the administrator for Phoenix. There are a few
> maintainers
> for the libraries, for which I am the main author and administrator, and
> what
> works for me best is for all maintainers to issue pull requests for review.

That is totally understandable. It is your library and you can decide
how others update it.

I meant to say that the usual reason for pull requests when one already
has administrative rights is not only having others make comments but
also to have one's changes reviewed by others. What you have said backs
that up.