Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-03 13:50:06

On 03/05/2015 17:10, Konrad Zemek wrote:
> Hey everyone,

>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> Personally I've been always very happy with TRAC and still am.
>>>
>>> That's not saying that I would object to a change if there was
>>> a strong consensus for something different and it was supported
>>> by people have a wider experience in this than I do. There is
>>> something to be said for not changing something which has been
>>> working well enough not to create problems.
>> What's your definition of working well enough?
>> Trac seems to come up time and time again..
>>
>> It's extremely slow, posting a comment can take a minute.
>> Captcha is broken, so some people can't post stuff at all.

I've been able to confirm that, but *only when posting not logged in*.
Which of course is what casual bug reporters need to do :(

I'm fairly sure the issue is with one of the spam-filtering strategies
Trac uses, but I'm not sure which is the culprit, will try to
investigate without opening the um.. floodgates.

BTW the captcha doesn't show up (at least in IE) because it's a
non-secure item in an otherwise secure page. I suspect this is an issue
with Trac itself? Maybe we need to upgrade the Trac install, but I have
no idea how to go about that. I might experiment switching it to a
different captcha.

John.