Subject: [boost] Interest in a container which can hold multiple data types?
From: James Armstrong (armstrhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-03 20:08:29

Hello forum,

I was wanting to gauge interest in a container I developed which can
natively handle multiple data types (as opposed to using a container of
boost::any). I have the templated source hosted on my github account at

https://github.com/armstrhu/omni

There is some documentation on the current functions under
omni/doc/html/index.html. main.cpp has some example codes on inserting,
retrieving, and manipulating the data within the container. The one caveat
to using the container is that the function destroy<T>() must be called for
all data types inserted into the container, I currently have an assert in
the destructor which will hit if destroy<T>() is not called for a data
type. Also, this requires using a modified version of
boost/core/typeinfo.hpp, so you will need to replace the original with the
one I provide. The changes simply keep the boost functionality even when
C++ typeinfo is available.

I am trying to guage interest in this, and if there is interest, get some
feedback on additional functionality to include. The iterators I have now
work, but they are inefficient and that will be fixed eventually.
Currently, I'm calling the container an omni, but don't really like that
name and am looking for suggestions for something better :)

Thanks

--
James Armstrong