Subject: Re: [boost] C++11 compilers and fenv
From: Damian Vicino (damian.vicino_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-06 16:07:09

> Some other resources that may help you:
>
> * If you're targeting C++11 then you can reasonably rely on std::isfinite and friends.

This is how I implemented the first draft version.
The idea was to have something better for natives and fallback to this implementation when using multi precision or other floating-point implementation.

> * If as suggested you want to try bit-fiddling to get the status of an FP value, then that code is already in Boost.Math (see fpclassify.hpp and includes thereof) and you can steal as required ;-) Obviously any software solution will be *much* slower than getting the hardware to raise an exception for you.

Good to know.

> You should be able to implement all of the SSE operations you need using
> intrinsics, which are well-supported on all recent x86 compilers.

I never worked with intrinsics.
They look cool, I will give them a read and see what I can use.