Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] Add a tester with hidden visibility
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-07 12:47:07

On Thursday 07 May 2015 09:22:26 Robert Ramey wrote:
> The original question suggested that if a tester changed the jam file so
> that the switch gcc visibility=hidden was enabled then tests would pass.

I did not suggest that the tests would immediately pass. But I would like to
have such tester - for users to see which libraries have problems, and for
library maintainers to be able to fix those problems.

> My point is that his is very unlikely which is why it isn't being done.

I'm trying to build 1.58 with visibility=hidden right now and so far the only
library that's failing to build is Wave. I didn't run tests yet, but the start
looks promising to me.

> If
> visibility=hidden is to be supported (and I think it should be) library
> source code will have to be updated.

Sure.