Subject: Re: [boost] [ELFIO] - New library proposal
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-09 06:34:24

On 07/05/2015 21:43, Serge Lamikhov-Center wrote:
> Hello Boost community!
>
> I'd like to determine interest in possible new library submission.
> ELFIO is header-only C++ library that provides a simple interface for reading and generating files in ELF binary format.
> It is a mature library and is in use by a number of open source and commercial projects. It is a part of some Linux distributions as well as Cygwin project.
>
> Would you please have a look at the library's home page located at:
> http://elfio.sourceforge.net
>
> Documentation:
> http://elfio.sourceforge.net/elfio.pdf

Haven't been able to go through the whole documentation, so let me ask
you this simple question:

Does this library allow me to annotate assembly with files and line
numbers if debug information is present in a relatively efficient way?

I've had to reimplement that kind of thing in the past because solutions
like calling addr2line for every address weren't fast enough.