Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boostlibraries
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-13 19:50:21

On 13/05/15 07:41 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> In fact, the entire modularization effort has been very narrow-minded
>> until now, focusing exclusively on reducing dependencies between
>> source code, neither projects nor (binary) packages.
>
> I'm fairly sure that you're wrong, but for full confidence I'll first
> need to understand what you're saying. :-)

I want to be able to

* fetch the sources of a specific boost library from the repository
(that's now possible)

* only build that library, using pre-built and pre-installed versions of
all prerequisites (that's not yet possible)

* make a new release of a boost library without having to synchronize
with the release(s) of all other boost libraries (not yet possible)

    Stefan