Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boostlibraries
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-13 21:14:26

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 13 May 2015 at 19:50, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> > * fetch the sources of a specific boost library from the repository
> > (that's now possible)
> >
> > * only build that library, using pre-built and pre-installed versions of
> > all prerequisites (that's not yet possible)
>
> I assume you explicitly don't want to pull dependencies not strictly
> needed by your specific boost library.
>
> Right now for most boost libraries the strictly needed dependencies
> are all other Boost libraries. Therefore your prerequisites are "all
> of Boost".

Not true.. As I do most of the above for a personal project. Although it
does take some significant effort. As in I wrote a Boost Build extension
that lets me do it (to some extent) non-intrusively.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything