Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Problem with BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-14 23:24:30

On 5/14/2015 10:20 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Edward Diener <eldiener <at> tropicsoft.com> writes:
>
>> I tried the current 'develop' branch of Boost.Test and still got the
>> result reported in my OP. I can live with it, since the vast majority of
>> the times I only need to see the BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE output when a test
>> fails
>
> BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE has nothing to do whatsoever with assertions (failing
> or not). This is a feature of the log subsystem.

When did I say it has anything to do with assertions ?

> Do you observe this with bjam?

Yes.

> If yes, than this is expected.

Do you mean that if I use BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE in a test and there are no
failures the BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE not appearing as bjam output, while if
there is a test failure the BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE appearing as bjam output,
is expected ? Why is that ?