Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Time to upgrade to "version 2" ?
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-16 02:26:54

El 15/05/2015 a las 20:09, John Maddock escribió:
> Now that the release is out it's decision time:
>
> I'd like to merge the "Version2" branch of type_traits to develop, it
> passes all the tests, and I've been using it exclusively for testing and
> development locally for a few months now without issues. But.... it's
> a big change with the potential to break a lot of folks stuff if things
> go wrong given that this is such a core component.

I agree with your proposal, great job.

Is there anything that we could make to make to take away common_type
dependencies?

A single utility seems very little to split between type_traits.core and
type_traits, but it's a bit annoying type_traits.v2 is not free of any
other dependencies. Embedding typeof in typetraits seems impossible as
it needs a lot of metaprogramming and preprocessor machinery.

Best,

Ion