Subject: Re: [boost] Deprecation Policy
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-17 22:54:56

On 17/05/2015 05:40, Rob Stewart wrote:
> Some have suggested that libraries with Standard Library equivalents
> be considered deprecated. Note that such libraries provide equivalent
> or similar functionality for older compilers, so I think that they
> should be treated the same as C++03-only libraries.

Just a note that in some cases this is not clear-cut either -- for
example Boost.SmartPtr contains more functionality than the
similarly-named types in the standard.

In many cases you don't really care and can use either interchangeably,
but if you're depending on one of the extended features in the Boost
version then it would be annoying if this were considered deprecated.