Subject: Re: [boost] Environment Variables Library?
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-18 05:37:00

Two primary purposes, two ideas for additional possible uses.

Primary purposes:

1. To provide cross platform (e.g., POSIX plus Windows) equivalents of setenv, getenv, "unsetenv" and "issetenv".
2. To allow iteration over all defined environment variables.

Additional possible uses:

1. To create a new environment to pass to a new process.
2. To provide non "char" based environment variables (e.g., std::wstring).

All input appreciated.

Michael