Subject: Re: [boost] Questions about upcoming review of Boost.AFIO
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-20 15:33:33

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 17:56:48 Niall Douglas wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Ahmed has volunteered to review manage AFIO (thanks Ahmed!), however
> I wanted to get the list's feedback on some things first.
>
> 1. After collecting feedback at C++ Now from members of WG21 on the
> shape and preferred future of a race free Filesystem TS, the next
> iteration of AFIO will have a radically different API
>
> Question: Given the API will so radically change, is now the time for
> a community review? Do note that APIBind allows me to support the
> existing API and the new API concurrently without issue.

IMO, the library should be in a more or less finalized state to be reviewed.
After all, the review verdict shows acceptance or rejection of the library in
its form during the review, not something entirely different that it will
become in the future.

> 2. AFIO requires APIBind which is a separate library. APIBind is not
> yet in the review queue and it is pending me writing up its
> documentation and a more useful unit test suite. Is this a problem?
> Do note that you the user of AFIO will never need to know about
> APIBind, it is entirely an internal implementation detail.

If it's just an implementation detail then it will be evaluated during the
review as a part of the library implementation. I see no problem here.