Subject: Re: [boost] Deprecation Policy
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-20 19:21:43

On 20/05/15 07:13 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> 1) Allow Boost.Python to build stand-alone, i.e. against
>> pre-installed Boost dependencies.
>> 2) Release Boost.Python independently from the rest of Boost.
>
> This seems doable, but I wonder how would you handle Boost.Build.
> Require a preinstalled one? Use another build system? Or ship
> Boost.Build in your release?

Boost.Build is a prerequisite just as any other, and I have no
(immediate) plans to change that. So as long as Boost.Build is available
on the computer, users should be able to build Boost.Python with it.
(And I certainly don't want to bundle Boost.Build with Boost.Python. In
fact, I believe Boost.Build would be the obvious first choice to
decouple fully from the rest of Boost, and release separately, but
that's not my call to make.)

        Stefan