Subject: Re: [boost] Deprecation Policy
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-20 19:39:06

On 20/05/15 07:33 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> In fact, I believe Boost.Build would be the obvious first choice to
>> decouple fully from the rest of Boost, and release separately, but
>> that's not my call to make.
>
> Like this?
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/build/releases/tag/2014.10
>
> :-)

Yes, like this. But I think for this really to work efficiently it needs
to be taken out of regular Boost releases, as otherwise people will
continue using the latter. (And notably, packagers who build binary
packages (for example for all the various Linux distributions) will
continue building boost-build packages out of Boost releases, rather
than the stand-alone Boost.Build releases, which may well lead to
confusion and even discrepancies. (just think about tracking version
numbers for compatibility...)

        Stefan