Subject: [boost] Full time Boost employee (was: Re: Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boostlibraries)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-21 08:34:15

On 17 May 2015 at 12:50, Ahmed Charles wrote:

> This is my overall point, it seems. The administration of boost seems to
> be understaffed or overwhelmed or both.
>
> Until that is fixed, I think Peter's assertion that people aren't being
> stopped, isn't true, since they can't effectively become part of the
> process.

I noticed at this year's C++ Now many more people were talking about
employing a full time permanent dedicated Boost infrastructure
engineer than previous years. I have no idea how that might work, let
alone who would have the "right" kind of personality to make it work.
Still, the cashflow is now there to achieve this, and that was always
historically the main showstopper.

One idea I think the SC should consider is a half time employment
with irregular grant based top ups, so 18 guaranteed hours per week
with extra hours paid per approved project specific grant.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/