Subject: [boost] More cool free github tooling: https://reviewable.io/
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-21 11:11:52

Dear list,

I'm not sure about other libraries, but in Boost.Thread Vicente the
primary maintainer does the lion's share of dealing with pull
requests but he occasionally needs someone else to review a patchset
or a pull request before it can be merged. Github's facilities for
this are okay - you can comment per line of a pull request, and
overall. It works, though one wishes for something more gerrit like.

So enter a new free tool with github integration:
https://reviewable.io/. One click install into your github project.
You now gain an alternative UI for pull requests, one which is much
better than the default Github UI, specifically:

* Per file review gating like gerrit
* Can publish a group of per-line comments as a single thing (and
just one email notification)
* Doesn't hide deleted change history
* Diffs are much better calculated and presented

I've turned it on for AFIO. We'll see how it goes.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/