Subject: Re: [boost] Environment Variables Library?
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-22 04:35:09

> Note that not only paths can be present in multi-element env. variables. For example, LS_COLORS contains a list of color specifications for ls command. I think, it's better for the environment library to perform a split to a sequence of strings and let the user interpret those strings as filesystem paths or something else.

Exactly. $PATH isn't the only "array-like" variable, hence my reasoning for encapsulating the raw name/value string pair in a 'variable' class that can iterate over the substrings in the value string. It may be confusing though. Will think more on it.

Do all variables on the one platform have the same separator?