Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Test v3 is here
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-25 17:28:44

On Monday 25 May 2015 20:42:40 Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Boost.Test team is proud to present new version of Boost.Test library. This
> milestone release among many other thing includes:
>
> * Completely updated (and hopefully improved) documentation
> * New universal testing tool BOOST_TEST
> * Support for decorators
> * Support for data driven test cases
> * and much more (you can see changelog here:
> http://raffienficiaud.github.io/test/boost_test/change_log.html
>
> This release would not be possible without Raffi Enficiaud, who joined the
> team and jump started documentation rework and Andrzej Krzemieński's major
> contribution to the new documentation.
>
> We invite everyone to review and comment on new documentation
> (http://raffienficiaud.github.io/test/index.html). We will be happy to
> accept your pull requests with improvements and notes in the mailing list.
>
> Unless we find any major showstopper we plan to merge to the master branch
> in 2-3 weeks time. We do not anticipate backward compatibility issues, but
> please report any you observe and we'll try to address them in a timely
> manner.
>
> Once again, please review the new documentation and feel free to comment
> here or by sending us pull requests.

Wow! I'm really glad to see the progress in Boost.Test development! Looking
forward to see the merge to master. Congrats and many thanks to the team!

I took a quick glance at the BOOST_TEST docs[1] - you print test duration in
microseconds like "324mks". Isn't "us" the more common English abbreviation?
It's been discussed on StackOverflow[2], too.

PS: Yes, "μs" would be more correct, but it requires Unicode, so I'm not
suggesting it.

[1]
http://raffienficiaud.github.io/test/boost_test/testing_tools/acceptable_statements.html
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28970229/what-is-the-mks-unit-reported-by-the-boost-unit-test-framework