Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] Using predef-check on 'develop' problem
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-26 14:27:42

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Is there any way you can add this test to the Boost regression tests ?

It's in there now <
https://github.com/boostorg/predef/blob/develop/test/build.jam#L60>. And
will show up in the tables when testers get to it.

I don't run any tests personally under Android or QNX OSs, but I can't help
> thinking that this may be a Boost Build problem or an OS problem if it is
> not a predef problem.
>
> In my VMD jamfile I have at the top:
>
> import ../../predef/check/predef
> : check require
> : predef-check predef-require ;
>
> Does that look right ?

Looks correct (and you would have had bad obvious stuff happen if that
wasn't correct).

> The line in my VMD tests for, let's say, the test_doc_empty.cpp test is:
>
> [ run test_doc_empty.cpp : : : [ predef-check "BOOST_COMP_GNUC >= 4.3"
> "BOOST_OS_QNX == 0" : : <cxxflags>-std=c++0x ] ]
>
> Does that look right ?

Yes. And it's almost identical to the test that I enabled in predef itself.

Yet on the Android regression test for this at
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/CrystaX-NET-apilevel-21-armeabi-vmd-gcc-4-9-test_doc_empty-variants_.html
> I see this command line:
>
> "/home/cislave/.crystax/ci-boost/regression/android-21-armeabi-develop/test/develop/regression/armeabi/gcc-4.9/g++-4.9"
> -ftemplate-depth-128 -O3 -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -pedantic
> -fPIC -pedantic-errors -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DNDEBUG -I".." -c -o
> "/home/cislave/.crystax/ci-boost/regression/android-21-armeabi-develop/test/develop/regression/armeabi/test/results/boost/bin.v2/libs/vmd/test/test_doc_empty.test/gcc-4.9/release/target-os-android/threading-multi/test_doc_empty.o"
> "../libs/vmd/test/test_doc_empty.cpp"
>
> and there is obviously no '-std=c++0x' being added there.
>
> So I am as baffled as you are.

Yeah, saw that.. To say it's strange is an understatement :-(

I can ask the Android testers to manually add the '-std=c++0x' to the test
> if there is a way for them to do it just for the VMD tests as part of there
> regression tests.

Under regular testing it would be possible to cd to the vmd/test dir and
manually run the tests with the added option. But I don't know if the
Android testers can do it as they use test help programs to do remote
execution and stuff. So you'd have to ask.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything