Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits][units] migrating from ice_and
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-27 07:31:53

On 5/27/2015 4:51 AM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've noticed that boost/type_traits/detail/ice_or.hpp and
> boost/type_traits/detail/ice_and.hpp have been deprecated. Both headers are
> used as an implementation detail in boost/units/scaled_base_unit.hpp, now
> resulting in lots of warnings:
>
> In file included from .../boost/units/scaled_base_unit.hpp:20:
> .../boost/type_traits/detail/ice_or.hpp:17:10: warning: NOTE: Use of this
> header (ice_or.hpp) is deprecated [-W#pragma-messages]
> # pragma message("NOTE: Use of this header (ice_or.hpp) is deprecated")
>
> Question: Is there a known migration path from type_traits to what? MPL?
> Or am I better off copying both files to Boost.Units and be done?

I do not know boost/units/scaled_base_unit.hpp, but the migration path
is to use the '||' operator directly rather than 'ice_or' in the code.
The only reason for the icexxx constructs were for ancient compilers
which couldn't handle the equivalent operators directly but Boost no
longer tests/supports those compilers.