Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits][units] migrating from ice_and
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-27 15:13:24

Hi John,

Am Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015, 13:47:29 schrieb John Maddock:
> On 27/05/2015 12:31, Edward Diener wrote:
> > I do not know boost/units/scaled_base_unit.hpp, but the migration path
> > is to use the '||' operator directly rather than 'ice_or' in the code.
> > The only reason for the icexxx constructs were for ancient compilers
> > which couldn't handle the equivalent operators directly but Boost no
> > longer tests/supports those compilers.
>
> Edward's correct - these were introduced as workarounds for VC6 - time
> to move on and use "real code" instead.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, VC6 workarounds have to go.

> BTW, it's on my TODO list to systematically supply PR's for all these
> outdated workarounds, I just haven't got there yet. Obviously if you
> fix it yourself first, that's even better ;-)

Well, my first version is at

https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/17

All tests for Boost.Units pass, but I'm double checking for any non-obvious
mistakes.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1