Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Big changes in develop
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-28 12:54:12

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:

> I'm not at the PR point yet, need to clean up the implementation and check
> against the existing tests (which are pretty slim by the way) first.

On that note, do we want to fix type_traits/alignment_of, or have it
leverage align/alignment_of? alignment_of in align is more conforming
to the specification, supports T[] incomplete types, and appears to
work for more cases too.

(John, check out
https://github.com/boostorg/align/blob/master/test/alignment_of_test.cpp,
which Peter improved vastly, and try it with boost::alignment_of
instead of boost::alignment::alignment_of).

If the former (fixing up type_traits/alignment_of) is the best
approach, I can probably submit a PR for that. If the latter route is
preferable, we could just change type_traits/alignment_of.hpp to:

    #include <boost/alignment/alignment_of.hpp>

    namespace boost {
        using boost::alignment::alignment_of;
    }

(Boost.Align doesn't depend on Boost.Type_Traits, so there are no
concerns there).

Glen