Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Separating Boost.Python from Boost
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 10:32:45

On 30 May 2015 at 16:18, Bjorn Reese wrote:

> > If you symlink C:\boost-1.58.0\libs\pumpkin to C:\projects\pumpkin,
> > you'll be able to do this:
> >
> > C:\boost-1.58.0\libs\pumpkin\test>b2
> >
> > and it will run the tests. But what I think Bjorn wants is this:
> >
> > C:\projects\pumpkin\test>b2
>
> I would be content if either worked for me, but in both cases I get the
> following error on Linux:
>
> error: Did not find Jamfile.jam or Jamroot.jam in any parent directory.
>
> I also get this for a symlinked AFIO.

I understand the problem now.

Before modular boost you could run b2 from within a symlinked afio,
and it worked.

Since modular boost, b2 only works right with symlinked libraries if
you call it from the top of the boost tree e.g.

./b2 libs/afio/test --link-test -j 8

I also have the peculiarity that to generate docs I must do this:

cd boost/doc
../b2 ../libs/afio/doc

... otherwise output appears in the wrong directories, and I have no
idea why.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting