Subject: Re: [boost] Recent changes in Boost policies
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 10:57:12

Niall Douglas wrote:

> Sorry, I meant by discussion of completeness whether you could arbitrarily
> fetch any individual Boost library with ideal dependencies fetched, and
> that the result compiled and worked perfectly. Some Boost libraries work
> perfectly with bpm and others do not, or at least someone at the meeting
> said so.

The dependency graph in my example bpm distribution doesn't track the
dependencies in the test/ directories. This is on purpose as it results in
fewer dependencies being installed if you just want to use the library and
not run its tests. (Bringing in Boost.Test as a dependency brings in the
world.) But if you're using the ability to run the library's tests as an
indication of whether bpm has worked, then yes, you'll find that it hasn't
worked for some.

If not, it's a matter that should be looked into, and taken care of.

> As a personal statement, whilst I disagree with the whole effort as a
> misallocation of resources given the in my opinion better alternatives, I
> absolutely take off my hat and bow to you for the investiture of effort in
> an area underappreciated by the community, and with likely little future
> recognition once it is complete.

Thanks, I do appreciate your saying so.