Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Separating Boost.Python from Boost
From: Sergey Popov (loonycyborg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 12:25:25

Although supporting standalone builds of libraries against already
installed boost would be really nice I consider going to purely
separate library releases to be a horrible idea. I never thought that
monolithic nature of boost is problematic. More like it makes
everyone's lives easier because it's simpler to reason about versions
for library users. They don't need to track library version
requirements for individual libraries which can get really tricky if
those libraries depend on more libraries. Instead, depending on
particular version of boost is enough.