Subject: Re: [boost] "Simple C++11 metaprogramming"
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 11:16:32

Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> TMP gets even easier with some of the C++14 features, so much so that I
> keep wondering if I'll ever use MPL (or the type-computation-only portion
> of Hana) again.

I agree that pure-type computations are much less useful than they used to be.
In fact, I don't think I've used the type-level part of Hana for a lot more
than proving that it really works to skeptics. For actual work, it turns out
that auto-deduced return type and algorithms on tuples can get you a long way
before you actually need to mess with the type-level. Also, for really really
small type-level computations, <type_traits> are usually all that's needed,
and _any_ metaprogramming library would just get in the way.

Just my .2

Regards,
Louis