Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Abel Sinkovics (abel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 15:17:07

Hi Edward,

Thank you for the review.

On 2015-06-02 20:05, Edward Diener wrote:

> The original metaparse library was represented as a library within
> mpllibs in the old Boost directory structure. The documentation of
> this library was entirely a tutorial of the library.
The tutorial is just a part of the documentation. See
http://abel.web.elte.hu/mpllibs/metaparse

> But a tutorial by itself is inadequate as documentation to a Boost
> library. Documentation needs a reference of all the classes,
> functions, data, macros of the library whether it is a library of
> meatfunctions or a library of run-time constructs. Furthermore some
> explanation of how the different parts of the library are organized
> and meant to be used within that organization is needed in
> documentation is necessary for me to understand a software library. So
> while I would rate the tutorial as excellent the documentation was
> inadequate.
You can find the reference here:
http://abel.web.elte.hu/mpllibs/metaparse/reference.html

I agree that a description of the overall design of the library could be
added to the documentation.

The tutorial has been designed in a way to show the common patterns (by
example) of how the library is expected to be used. (Tokenisation,
sequence, repetition, operators with precedence, parens, errors, etc).

> Sometime during the review process the presentation of what was being
> reviewed completely changed. A new version of the library was
> presented using the current Boost directory structure, with a very
> full documentation set and the link to the tutorial documentation in
> the original version being reviewed was removed.
What was being reviewed remained the same. I have created a reformatted
(namespace/macro renaming from mpllibs -> boost and removal of the parts
not part of the review in the first place) version of the code based on
the feedback of the reviewers.

Regards,
   Ábel