Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 16:49:29

Edward Diener wrote:
> I think it is going to be really bad, and confusing, to set a precedent by
> which a library author in the midst of a review, changes the library being
> reviewed for any reason.

I understand where you're coming from, but (1) the changes (in directory
structure, namespace and identifier naming) were done in response to
reviewers' requests and not on a whim, and (2) it takes years for a
library's review to be scheduled. We cannot afford to tell library authors
"do please wait another three years because you made changes which were
requested of you during the review."