Subject: Re: [boost] Moving the include directoryto $BOOST_ROOT/include?(again)
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-03 03:40:08

On 3/06/2015 01:57, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> What about all the existing Visual projects and solutions?
>
> All existing Visual Studio projects and solutions, and everything that
> still points its include directory to the Boost root, will (should)
> continue to work because of the symbolic link from $BOOST_ROOT/boost ->
> $BOOST_ROOT/include/boost, which I've proposed for this purpose.

Unfortunately this is not the case, as symlinks are Complicated™ on
Windows and don't work by default out of the box.

Personally, I don't mind changing every project, because I don't
actually have to change every project, I just have to change the
"UseBoost" common property sheet I use in every project instead. :)
(But I suspect that's not the case for most.)