Subject: Re: [boost] What would make tool authors happier..
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-04 14:29:45

On 2 June 2015 at 19:08, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> First, it means is banning of git sub-modules outside of directly under
> boost-root/libs and boost-root/tools. Dealing with git sub-modules is
> difficult enough even when it's just a handful of sub-modules.

I've had no problem dealing with the numeric modules. The output of
'git config -f .gitmodules -l' contains pretty much everything you
need to know. You can get a list of submodule paths using:

git config -f $BOOST_ROOT/.gitmodules -l | sed -n
's/submodule\.\([^.]*\)\.path=\(.*\)/\2/p'

If you're trying to find modules by walking the filesystem, you'll
just create problems for yourself.

FWIW I think most of what you've written about is a waste of time, but
knock yourself out.