Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Support for switching between std:: and boost:: equivalents.
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-06 06:12:21

On June 6, 2015 5:07:40 AM EDT, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Friday 05 June 2015 20:14:08 Rob Stewart wrote:
> >
> > I don't think BOOST_ATOMIC_HEADER,
> > BOOST_ATOMIC_NAMESPACE, BOOST_ATOMIC_IS_STD, etc. would be likely to
> clash.
>
> Those names are in the namespace of Boost.Atomic by the current
> conventions.
> They may not be used now, but can be used later. Please, don't do it.

Each of the affected libraries can consider this set of names as belonging to the library despite being defined by Config. They also don't seem likely, though I haven't checked, to be used currently. For those reasons I don't see the problem.

The proposed unique tag, CPP, is meaningless. It may create a namespace not already used, but it also doesn't relate to the function of the macros. Since Boost.Config doesn't have its own tag, it seemed reasonable that these not have a tag, which makes them extensions of the affected libraries' macros.

Whether there is a tag, or even if the tag is CPP, the macros appear useful.

___
Rob