Subject: [boost] [hana]Tuple doc a bit confusing (was Re: [hana]missing link on http://ldionne.com/hana/index.html#tutorial-integral
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-07 05:49:19

On 06/06/2015 10:21 AM, Louis Dionne wrote:> Larry Evans <cppljevans
<at> suddenlink.net> writes:

>> The link with name:
>>
>> boost::hana::literals
>>
>> takes my browser to:
>>
>> http://ldionne.com/hana/namespaceboost_1_1hana_1_1literals.html
>>
>> which my browser (firefox) displays with:
>>
>> Louis Dionne Programming and Categories, Oh My!
>> 404: Page not found
>
> Thanks.
>
> This was fixed on develop, and the changes will be live in a couple of
hours.

> Louis

Thanks Louis.

BTW, I've found another minor problem with the documentation.
At the momment, I find it easier to report these as I find
them. Should I email you directly or post to the boost.devel list?

Any, the minor problem is here:

http://ldionne.com/hana/structboost_1_1hana_1_1Tuple.html

which contains:

Synopsis of methods
template<>
constexpr auto make< Tuple >
         Create a Tuple containing the given objects. More...

However, there are no 'given objects' in the above.
This requires the reader to puzzle over what's meant.
The reader finds a hint further down in the Methods
section which contains:

-{--cut here--
template<>
constexpr auto make< Tuple >
        related
Initial value:
= [](auto&& ...xs)
        -> _tuple<std::decay_t(decltype(xs))...>
    {
        return {forwarded(xs)...};
    }

Create a Tuple containing the given objects.
-}--cut here--

Where it's easy for the reader to infer the objects are
x... . However, what's created is:

_tuple<std::decay_t(decltype(xs))...>

and not Tuple, which I assume is the Tuple defined here:

https://github.com/ldionne/hana/blob/master/include/boost/hana/ext/std/tuple.hpp#L38

And the link to Tuple on the aforementioned page is no help
because it just sends the browser back to the same page.

The documentation would be clearer if Tuple were described
as a some sort of Tag "designating" a type similar to
std::tuple and the link to Tuple sent the brower to a page
with this description.

HTH.

-regards,
Larry