Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Support for switching between std:: andboost::equivalents.
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-07 12:28:53

On 6/7/2015 7:05 AM, Bjorn Reese wrote:
> On 06/07/2015 05:17 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> I design a library which, let's say, takes a regex object as parameter
>> to some exported function. If the end-user of my library is compiling in
>> C++11 mode is it more likely that his use of regex will be std::regex or
>> boost::regex ? IMO it is the former. Conversely if the end-user of my
>
> What if your library uses extension in boost::regex that are not present
> in std::regex?

In that case I don't use the macros for choosing between boost::regex
and std::regex, but just decide to always use boost::regex in my interface.

Using the macros are optional. Even bringing in the macros are optional,
as including boost.config.hpp does not automatically include any of the
macro header files.