Subject: Re: [boost] Heterogeneous Container Library (HCL) Feedback and Testing
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-07 17:30:54

Le 02/06/15 23:41, James Armstrong a écrit :
> I send out a little feeler about a month ago for interest in a container
> library which natively allows users to insert a heterogeneous set of
> types. After getting some really good feedback, I think I have settled
> into something that is efficient, has a nice clean interface, and provides
> some useful capabilities. I am hoping people can take a look at the code,
> test it out, and provide an additional feedback in terms of interface,
> implementation, bugs, or additional features/classes that would be useful.
>
> I have implemented a set of containers which mimic the capabilities of the
> STL containers. These are (so far)
>
> * heterovector
> * heterostack
> * heteroqueue
> * heterolist
> * heteroforward_list
> * heterodeque
>

> Any and all feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Have you considered to provide access to some kind of containers views
that behave like standard containers

| heterovector<int, double, std::string, double> hv;
     hv.view<int>.push_back(2);
     hv.|||view<int>.|push_back(3.1415); // defaults to first double element
     hv.view<double, 0>.|||push_back|(9); // specifically denote first double element

     auto hvi =|||hv.view<int>;|

     // print all integers
     for (auto itr =|||hvi|.begin(); itr != hvi.end(); ++itr)
         std::cout << *itr << std::endl;|

In this way you will be able to use any algorithm of the standard library.

Best,
Vicente