Subject: Re: [boost] What would make tool authors happier..
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-08 07:44:50

Daniel James wrote:
> On 5 June 2015 at 03:50, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > It was a chore to create because it went something like this: a) build
> > the doctools (quickbook) and get errors, b) look at the mising header
> > errors and determine which library was missing, c) find the library git
> > repo, d) add the submodule for it at root/libs, e) repeat.

> Since Boost Build scans for include files, is it possible to get it to
> list all the files it thinks are required? I realise it's not entirely
> accurate because of macros, but hopefully it would be good enough.

boostdep can do that, but it doesn't support modules in tools/ as a starting
point. bcp can also output an include report, but it only lists headers,
whereas boostdep lists modules. The easiest way right now is probably to
symlink libs/quickbook to tools/quickbook and then run "boostdep --secondary
quickbook".