Subject: Re: [boost] [Better Enums] More complete release - feedbackrequested
From: Anton Bachin (antonbachin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-11 11:16:25

Oops, I lost this message due to its compact vertical size in my mail client :)
Scrolled right past it.. sorry.

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 09:33, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Sam Kellett wrote:
>
>> I would prefer free-functions in a namespace. Something like:
>>
>> better_enums::from_string<Channel>("Red");
>
> I'm not a big fan of lexical_cast, but it should be noted that if Channel defines operator>>, the above could be spelled lexical_cast<Channel>("Red").

I’m planning to overload the stream operators, but probably in a separate header
file. The reason is that including <iostream> slows down compilation by an order
of magnitude or so compared to just the current contents of enum.h, when used
for a few enums. Do you think I should just not bother with this, and include it
anyway?

Thanks,
Anton