Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary submission of Boost Synapse
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-16 17:53:23

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 6/16/2015 10:56 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>
>> If you want to have a QDialog that emits your own custom
>>
> signals you must derive from QDialog, add the signals and MOC. Using
>> Synapse this can be avoided.
>>

> Correct. Although if I have a QDialog I already have pretty strong
> dependency
> on Qt.

That's true but it's a separate issue. If you need to add custom Qt signals
to your dialog, you must derive from QDialog and then MOC. If instead you
use Synapse to implement the custom signals, you're still very much coupled
with Qt, but you don't have to MOC and you can add your custom signals
directly to an object of type QDialog.

Emil Dotchevski