Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] Formal review
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-18 13:43:25

On June 18, 2015 1:20:39 PM EDT, Glen Fernandes <glen.fernandes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Here is my take on it:
> 1. The current requirements for Boost libraries do advise authors of
> only:[1]
> a. "Aim for ISO Standard C++"
> b. "There is no requirement that a library run on C++ compilers which
> do not conform to the ISO standard."
> c. "There is no requirement that a library run on any particular C++
> compiler. Boost contributors often try to ensure their libraries work
> with
> popular compilers."

You omitted an important paragraph:

"Since there is no absolute way to prove portability, many boost submissions demonstrate practical portability by compiling and executing correctly with two different C++ compilers, often under different operating systems. Otherwise reviewers may disbelieve that porting is in fact practical."

___
Rob