Subject: Re: [boost] [release] policy not to add C++14 libraries
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-21 06:53:04

Le 21/06/15 11:17, Oliver Kowalke a écrit :
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:
>
> I'm seen now two posts
>> 2015/06/02 - needs coroutine2 a review?
>> 2015/02/03 - add to testing
>>
> I tried to contact the release managers directly or via the mailing list:
>
> 22.1. adding git submodule
> 3.2. [coroutine2] add to testing
> 4.2. boost library part of next release (got the info that I've asked the
> release managers)
> 5.2. [release-mgt] missing library
> 26.5. [branch master] add library to regression tests
> 29.5. adding boost.coroutine2 to branch master
> 31.5. [master] adding library to release (or at least master regression
> test)?

I see that it is already on the develop branch regression tests.
I suggest you to add a patch for the expected results so that any
compiler other than C++14 are disabled.
>> I'm not aware of any policy in Boost that prevents you from adding
>> whatever you want to your library. The simple way is to use the same
>> repository and have multiple version in it. However if you want an
>> additional repository you need to request it to the release managers.
>>
> The community decided that coroutine2 should become an additional library
> beside of boost.coroutine:
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/01/219507.php
I can not take this thread as a decision. I could take it as a
suggestion or a request.

Decisions are taken with the steering committee, the release managers,
review managers, ....

Vicente

P.S. I don't understand the title of your post if you were already able
to create the repository and add it to the regression test. THis already
mean that the managers confirm C++14 only libraries are possible in Boost.