Subject: Re: [boost] [coroutine2] Difference between coroutine and coroutine2
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-22 05:10:56

On June 22, 2015 4:41:05 AM EDT, Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > If there's only one kind of coroutine in coroutine2, why isn't it
> just
> > named "coroutine"?
>
> asymmetric_coroutine<> describes the coroutine type (assymetric
> transfer of
> execution control),

With only one kind, the documentation already describes how it behaves. Having asymmetric_coroutine suggests other variations are expected in the future.

> but coroutine.hpp contains:
>
> template< typename T >
> using coroutine = asymmetric_coroutine< T >;
>
> so you could use coroutine<> if desired.

If you think asymmetric_coroutine is necessary, and clearly I do not, you should reverse those. That is, asymmetric_coroutine should be the alias.

___
Rob