Subject: Re: [boost] [hana] Lorenzo's Formal review for Hana
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-24 23:07:39

Louis Dionne writes:

> I'm coding against a standard, not a specific compiler. If I introduce
> workarounds in Hana, the whole purpose of the library is lost.
Performance,
> ease of use, and most importantly hackability will be lost.

Hmm.

> Quite honestly, I'd rather have my library never get into Boost than
> bastardize it so it works on MSVC. If it can be made to work on MSVC
> without bastardizing it, however, I'm all for it.

I face similar issues and agree with your remarks here. It seems
like it's easier to use MSVC and Windows than it used to be, but it's
still not easy. I've recently reduced my Windows support and feel a
burden lifted.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - "Free at last; free at last.  Thank G-d Almighty