Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] Formal review
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-28 16:55:35

> Here's my formal review of Hana
>
> [...]
>
> - What is your evaluation of the library's:
> * Design
>
> Hana design and wording makes it look more like a Hakell library than a
> C++ one (All the functional concepts, algorithms etc). I think it's fine
> since Hana algorithms are about declarative data transformation. C++ needs
> that change in the way of thinking, but I expect some others (more
> conservative C++ programmers) to not accept Hana for not being too much
> "C++ish".

Hana tries to be as C++ish as possible by minimizing the need to understand
FP concepts to use it. I think the documentation could be organized in a
different way to make this more effective.

> [...]

Thanks a lot for the review, Manu. Also, thanks for nourishing the C++
metaprogramming ecosystem with Turbo and for your early interest in Hana.

Regards,
Louis