Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Bug in Mingw support?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-07 04:13:35

>> The short program below passes with MSVC and GCC Linux,
>> but fails with
>> Mingw-x64 at runtime (the expected failures count gets ignored).
>>
>> This is with current develop. Any ideas?
> I do not have access to this setup. How do you get it? anyone else
> can reproduce this?
Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/?source=navbar and
click on "download official installer".

I suspect there are some MSVC workarounds which should be enabled for
Mingw too?

>> BTW the new decorator based approach does work OK, but is only
>> supported on a tiny number of compilers as it seems to rely on the
>> preprocessor lib using variadic macros, as opposed to Boost.Config
>> marking them as available.
> Do you refer to
>
> #if !BOOST_PP_VARIADICS || ((__cplusplus >= 201103L) &&
> defined(BOOST_NO_CXX11_VARIADIC_MACROS))
> #define BOOST_TEST_NO_VARIADIC
> #endif
>
> What other flags should we use?

It depends: if you need variadic support in the PP library then you're
doing the right thing (but the new interface will basically only be
usable on MSVC/GCC/Clang and nothing else.

If you only need variadic support in the compiler then
|BOOST_NO_CXX11_VARIADIC_MACROS is the config macro of choice.

HTH, John.