Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.DLL formal review is ongoing
From: Rodrigo Madera (rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-07 15:05:19

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Thomas Trummer <th.trummer_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > On 07.07.2015, at 20:16, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > It is supported and must work (in theory). Unfortunately I have no device
> > with MacOS so it was impossible for me to run tests.
>
> Performing configuration checks
>
> - 32-bit : no (cached)
> - 64-bit : yes (cached)

(Snipped).

I sent an email in private to Antony about the same errors.

After some quick analysis, link.h must be ifdefed against BOOST_OS_MACOS.
Simple enough, fixed on my fork.

However, more importantly, in Linux we have RTLD_DEEPBIND [1], but in OS X
we don't [2]. We have something *similar* in RTLD_FIRST but that most
likely will break code and it's not entirely what and application will want.

I will test rapidly here and see if the some tutorials continue to work
after that, as well as the tests.

Regards,
Rodrigo Madera

[1] http://linux.die.net/man/3/dlopen