Subject: Re: [boost] Json read...segment by segment
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-07 16:44:38

On 07/06/2015 11:06 AM, Sebastian Redl wrote:

> I just replaced the internal parser of PropertyTree (the old one was a
> Spirit.Classic parser) with a hand-written streaming parser (push, while
> yours appears to be pull) too. It's on the develop branch. The real

Yes, mine is a pull parser. Pull parsers are more versatile than push
parsers, and therefore better suited as building-blocks.

For instance, it is trivial to create a push parser with a pull parser.
It is just a loop and switch as can be seen in this example:

https://github.com/breese/protocol/blob/master/example/json/push_parser/push_parser.hpp

Try creating a push parser with a pull parser ;-)

It is also fairly easy to create Boost.Serialization archives with pull
parsers.

> problem is a sensible way to mark a tree as partial. Who wants to work
> with such a structure? In such cases, I'm pretty sure it would be
> simpler to use the streaming interface directly.

Agreed.