Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Hana
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-11 12:06:34

Glen Fernandes <glen.fernandes <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Louis wrote:
> > Agreed. When you say "integrated into Boost's regression tests", does this
> > mean it would be OK if the test matrix could be updated from Travis-ci?
> > If that was sufficient and possible with Travis, that would be the best
> > way by far because these tests are run on each push. Otherwise, I'll make
> > the tests usable from Boost.Build.
>
> If the test matrix can be updated from Travis, that works too.
> [...]

Awesome. I will look at how this can be achieved with the current setup.

> [...]
>
> Stable is a good word to describe it. It is up to you as the library author,
> but interface-breaking changes are not forbidden nor unheard of in Boost (as
> you've seen). You'll want to use your best judgement depending on what you
> think is best for Hana, and for users of Hana. [You might even change your
> mind about the former, depending on the latter: Despite labeling it as
> experimental, if enthusiastic Hana users start using it in production code,
> you might be tempted to handle major changes differently].

I think I'll wait for 1.60 or so, then. There are a couple of important
improvements that must get in before Hana is ready to be used in production
code.

> As for the boring next steps (getting into github.com/boostorg, updating the
> sub-module in /libs, and the Jamfile.v2 for tests) we can talk off the mailing
> list, whenever you're ready. (Or you might already know the process for all
> of that anyway).

Ok; I'll contact you privately when I'm ready for the next steps.

Thanks,
Louis